I’m not sure why it’s taken me so long when my three loves in life (not including Hubby of course) are writing, travelling and taking photos, but as I welcomed in the new year, a new idea dawned on me and I decided to write a blog where I could share my passions, rants and dreams while learning more about what’s going on in the world around me.
I never in a million years imagined that my blog – a grain of sand lost in the blogosphere ocean – would ever be read, let alone nominated for an award. But here I am, thanks to elladee_words http://elladeewords.wordpress.com/.
As a blogger newbie, I’ve been overwhelmed by the encouragement, kind words and support I’ve received. And what a rewarding process this thing they call blogging has been. So far, I’ve discovered places I never even knew existed, read tales of courage, been inspired by those whose footsteps I’ll soon be following in and laughed with the many witty writers out there.
As part of the deal, I have to share seven things about myself, so here goes.
1. There’s a book swimming around in my head and one day I will get round to writing it.
2. I kick ass at multi-tasking – just ask my boss, he abuses this skill daily 😉
3. I love tea – splash of milk, no sugar – and the thought of moving to a country where a cuppa just ain’t the same petrifies me.
4. I hated organising my wedding. This little snippet of information is usually met with a gasp of horror from fellow women but, yes, I despised every single minute of it. Bar choosing the Perfect Dress and the day itself, it was the most horrendous thing I’ve ever done. It consumed my life for nearly two years – time I will never get back, and eight months on I’m still recovering from the stress. Trust me, I have the grey hairs to prove it… no wait, that’s just age.
5. I have an appalling taste in TV. My Sky Plus is rammed full of episodes of England/ Australia/ America’s Next Top Model, Gossip Girl, Kim and the Kardashians, The Housewives of Orange County/ New York. OK, I’m going to stop now.
6. I’m incapable of relaxing. My brain is like a washing machine on full spin as I think, think, think, over-analyse, over-analyse, then think some more. All relaxation tips are welcome.
7. When I’m in the sun, I grow a moustache of freckles – fact.
And now it’s my turn to share some of the blogging love out there as I put forward 15 blogs that deserve the award a lot more than me. So here goes, let’s explore the world.
1. Shambolic Living http://shambolicliving.wordpress.com/
2. Without an H http://jonsanwell.wordpress.com/
3. A Word In Your Ear http://suellewellyn2011.wordpress.com/about/
4. Setiawanphoto http://setiawanphoto.com/
5. An American Girl In Transit http://anamericangirlintransit.com/
6. 80tastesaroundtheworld http://80tastesaroundtheworld.wordpress.com/
7. Our Man In Hanoi http://ourmaninhanoi.com/
8. Omar Havana Photography http://photographyomarhavana.wordpress.com/
9. Mosesjunkyard http://mosesjunkyard.wordpress.com/
10. Another Header http://anotherheader.wordpress.com/
11. Phildoninson’s Weblog http://phildobinson.wordpress.com/
12. Wanderlustress http://dwharlow.wordpress.com/
13. 2Summers http://2summers.net/
14. Elya Filler’s Blog http://elyafiller.wordpress.com/
15. Till We Have Faces http://leephelpsphoto.com/